Thursday, January 20, 2011

Acceting Limitations

I'm back I can sit for a little while(smile).
I have had a lot of time to think so many things run through my mind. I guess I'll start with how I am feeling. Well I've been prety tired and just wanting to rest but also this great need to continue like I had nothing done. Stupid Huh.

Well it comes down to admitting I was vunerable. There were things I couldn't do for myself and still can't..    I 've always been self sufficient. I worked for what I wanted. My son learned if we didn't have the money for something he didn't get it. I worked two jobs brought up my son and went to school.

The only thing that marks my success is my son. He doesn't smoke or  drink. Out of a long line of alcoholics. The buck stopped here.

As you or I get older we slow down and some of us have a hard time accepting our limitation.  We all in some way grieve over what we use to do and now can't.. Some of us more than others.The special miracle here is to accept ourselves as we are. Then it is time to go on with our lives as best as possible.

This was my reminder of my limitations and to cool it and ask for help. So called my sister and she will be here to help me this week. My son is away house sitting for a member of our church. So he is not available.  Sometimes I think I rely on him too much.

So today I will do what I can and tomorrow my sister will help me wash cloths and will vacum for me.

I believe the lesson here is there is peace in accepting our limitations and from that comes the freedoms to do what we can. In turn we get peace of mind and all will be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment