Thursday, February 10, 2011

Goofy Things We Do

Have you ever thought as if you are the only one that feels as you do or acts like you. Then somewhere down the line you find other people that have felt as do and have done little goofy things also.

When I used checks in the past I would get so nervous writting the check out when people were waiting in line. Some times I made a mistake. When I found out I was not the only one I felt a freedom of knowing that someone else was just as goofy as me. I started saying to myself that I'm not the fist to feel this way and won't be the last.Take your time and write your check.

Now this can be applied to any thing  you feel or do. I found out in Al-Anon that so many of my thoughts and actions were done by others trying to deal in an Alcoholic situations. Someone would say something and I would say to myself" Oh she did the same thing I did. Then I would eventually laugh with that person over what we had done. As I went on in the program I found loads of people who thought the same and had done the same silly things that I had.. It is a type of freedom  that lets you think more positive about yourself. 

So now I remind myself you are not first nor will  you  be the last to do what ever  makes me uncomfortable.

Life has a program for me and it's up to me how I play It out. It certainly gives me more peace to know I am helping others in some way. My life then become more peaceful and self confident.

We all need each other. Every person we come in contact with shows us how to live our life. They teach how we want our life to be or not to be. Bad behavior teaches us as much as good behavior

I wish you strength and peace...

No comments:

Post a Comment